5×5: January 24th with Cory Schreiber
Pork Loin Brine & Roast!
Internationally recognized chef and author, Cory Schreiber joins Good Keuken for an all-in-one butchery demonstration, class and dinner. Schreiber currently hails from the International Culinary School of the Art Institute, is a James Beard award winner and pioneered work on Oregon’s Farm to School program.
Schreiber will guide you through both the breakdown and the brine. Understand basic principles of butchery in order to achieve the cuts you desire, utilize every part of the animal, and save money. Take away cooking techniques to build your repertoire.
Class includes a dinner prepared by Schreiber, as well as a detailed instruction on his recipes including: apple cider brined pork loin with creamed chard.
First – The Brine
- · Why brine? What are the benefits and how does it work?
- · The interplay of sweet, sour & salty flavor components
- · the process: preparing the meat, searing, roasting & checking for doneness.
Second – Preparing the Sides
- Sauteeing greens, using flour as a thickener
- Cooking polenta, seasoning and doneness of grains
Third – The Dish
- · planning the steps of the process
- · what to serve with the pork (other foods & wine)
- · plating
When: Friday, January 24th, 6:00-9:00 pm
Where: Good Keuken Kitchen at 5031 NE 42nd Ave., Portland, OR 97218
Cost: $95, includes breakdown demo, cooking instruction & recipes, dinner & wine
Register: → SIGN UP TODAY! RSVP to save your seat. Space is limited