Love thy neighbor. It’s easy to do in Portland, Oregon. Good Keuken sits amongst the collaborative Cully neighborhood near Northeast 42nd Avenue. The Good Keuken partners are the great people and great products a stones throw away. Included in that is Stacey Givens of The Sideyard Farm, our farming partner on a one acre plot just a 10 minute walk away from our school. A culinary school could not ask for more.
Want to volunteer on our urban farm? Join the list here for upcoming work parties and ground breakings!
A hop and a skip away are the folks and organizations doing great things for the food world. Good Keuken proudly is a member of and supports:
- Slow Food Portland ⁄ Every individual has a right to Good, Clean & Fair food.
- Friends of Family Farmers ⁄ Promoting and Protecting Socially Responsible Farming in Oregon.
- Portland Culinary Alliance ⁄ Celebrating Portland’s Culinary Community Since 1987.
- International Association of Culinary Professionals ⁄ Connecting culinary professionals with people, places and knowledge.
- Chef’s Collaborative ⁄ A national chef network that’s changing the sustainable food landscape using the power of connections, education and responsible buying decisions.
Let’s save this world one bite at a time. Good Keuken salutes those who are making policy, growing green, teaching tots, creating change and bringing food solutions to our future.